GenSurg FRCS (General Surgery) Section 2 Course - JSCFE (non-UK Candidates)
About the Course
Overseas candidates outside the United Kingdom can appear for the FRCS Examination (JSCFE) that is conducted internationally at the same level of standard as the UK (JCIE) FRCS exam.
To pass the FRCS Section 2 Exam, a lot of practice is required in answering questions correctly and convincingly in a simulated examination scenario which will help you deliver better in front of the examiners in the main exam. This course is aimed to provide you with practice on the relevant topics of the exam. All sub-specialties will be covered.
This course will include 8 sessions of 2 hours each on Zoom and is aimed to prepare you for the FRCS Section 2 examination in General Surgery. There will also be a discussion about the examination environment to acclimatise you before your exam. It is expected that with the completion of this course, you should be adequately prepared to pass the FRCS Section 2 Examination of the JSCFE in the FIRST ATTEMPT.
Dates: TBC (Please do not book till the dates are announced)
Learning Delivery & Style
- Conducted online.
- Interactive discussion.
- Updates on current advances in all sub-specialities.
- Academic Vivas.
- Clinical Cases in a simulated environment.
- Slides of images and pathology specimens.
- Emphasis laid on all participants to answer questions and to hone their discussion skills.
- All the viva stations will be covered in details: Emergency surgery (including trauma) and Critical care, General Surgery, General Surgery of Childhood and declared subspecialty – Upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, colorectal, endocrine, breast, vascular and transplantation.
Outcomes of Learning
- To be adequately prepared for the oral and clinical parts of Section 2 of the examination.
- To present and discuss clinical cases as per the format of the FRCS Section 2 examination.
- Learn correct examination techniques.